The WMA-3000 is the first driveway alarm system by Dakota Alerts. Since that time they have come out with two other series of driveway alarm systems, the 2500 and MURS series. The 3000 series continues to be offered and supported by Dakota and 1800doorbell and that’s because it continues to get the job done. With a range of up to 650 ft., this monitoring system ships with one PIR based sensor and one plug-in receiver. Like all driveway systems offered by Dakota this series is fully expandable and compatible with other products in the 3000 series. Adding more sensors and receivers or accessories like strobe lights or external speakers are easy.
This driveway alarm system, the WMA-3000, ships as a kit which contains one transmitter (PIR Sensor) and one receiver. The transmitter is PIR based which means it will detect any movement. Whether it is a car, truck, or large animal, this sensor will detect it. This offers additional versatility than a driveway alarm that will only detect automobiles. Designed as a driveway alert, this sensor may also be used as an entrance alert or any time of entrance chime. The transmitter is very easy to mount. On top of the transmitter are two tabs with preformed holes to secure the transmitter. You can mount the transmitter on a tree, pole, can be mounted easily on a tree or pole near the driveway, and operates on one 9-volt battery. The transmitter uses a passive infrared (PIR) beam to detect any movement (people, vehicles, etc.) up to a distance of 80 feet. It then sends a radio signal to the receiver (WR-3000) up to 600 feet away (the actual range might vary depending on the nearby terrain).
The receiver is the WR-3000 and plugs into a standard wall outlet. The unit will play one of four alert chimes when triggered and also features four C relays and one live 12 V DC output. These allow for easier integration with other security devices and systems as well as accessories that are powered by 12 volts. The receiver features a volume control knob allowing you to turn it up or all the way down.
Wireless Driveway Alarm by Dakota Alert
- You may also use additional receivers and sensors with the 3000 series motion alert systems.
- The motion sensor/transmitter is weather proof and meant for outdoor use. With the use of additional transmitters, up to four zones can be monitored simultaneously. The use can also program the transmitters so they will each sound different tones at the receiver.
- The plugin receiver in this set is the WR-3000 and plugs into a standard wall outlet. It may be set to one of four tones (Classical, Westminster Chime, Ding Dong, or Whistle) and has a volume control as well.
- The WR-3000 is equipped with four form “C” relays (one for each channel) and one 12-volt DC output terminal that will activate for several seconds when a signal is received. The receiver can be user-programmed, so the 12-volt DC terminal and one relay will activate for 10 minutes, if this is desired. The tones will still sound for several seconds.
- Temperature operating range of this product is -30 degrees to 120 degrees Fahrenheit